AB has been managing bond portfolios since 1971. For over 50 years, AB has applied innovative research and award-winning portfolio management capabilities to help investors navigate the ups and downs of the complex bond markets. Our disciplined investment process helps us to strike an optimal balance between risk and return.
- Global Fixed Income
- US High Yield
- Emerging Markets (Hard Currency)
- American Income Strategy
- Early investors in European High Yield Bonds*
- Early investors in Emerging Market Corporates*
- Global Bond Strategy
- Global High Yield
- European Income
- Emerging Markets Debt
- Euro High Yield
- Offshore Renminbi Bonds
- Short Duration High Yield
- Asia Pacific Local Currency Debt
- Mortgage Income Strategy
- Early investors in Credit Risk Transfer Securities (CRTs)*
- Digital Innovation: Developed Credit Trading Tool – ALFA; Rolled out Credit Rating & Scoring System – PRISM
- Launched virtual portfolio management assistant – Abbie
*Bloomberg Barclays Pan-European High Yield Bond Index was launched in 1999, JPMorgan Global Emerging Markets Corporate Diversity Index was launched in 2002, and CRTs were first issued in 2013.
In the post-financial crisis world, managing liquidity will be key in deciding whether fixed income investments can generate excess returns. In recent years, AB has applied innovative technology to integrate research and trading platforms and launched the Virtual Assistant "Abbie" to enhance investment efficiency.
The global fixed income team from AB consists of more than 100 investment research professionals. Through comprehensive fundamental research, quantitative research and artificial intelligence, the team aims to safeguard clients' assets in all market conditions.